The 1.66-km-long cable car project built for JKCCC has two sections. The first section is from Peer Kho to the Mahamaya temple, and goes over the Tawi river. The second section is from the Mahamaya temple to the Bahu Fort. The cable car project provides people an international standard experience and transportation facility, connecting important tourist sights and providing a beautiful and picturesque view of the River Tawai and the numerous temples situated on both the banks on the River Tawai.
The ropeway has been built on a difficult terrain from the bed of the river to the Mayamaya temple station. The unpredictability and changing course of the river, also posed various challenges.
The amalgamation of the imported and indigenous portions provided a cost advantage to JKCCC.
TIMINGS, BOOKING, PRICE:
Operation Timings – 11:00 to 6:00 pm (presently)
Ticket prices – Section I – Peerkho to Mahamaya – Rs. 150/- for to & fro journey
Section II – Bahu Fort to Mahamaya – Rs. 500 for to & fro journey
• Jammu ropeway a major tourist attraction; to instill enthusiasm in tourism sector (The Times of
• Ropeway connects Peerkho and Mahamaya temple in Jammu (The Times of India)
• With opening of Peer Kho – Mahamaya section, ropeway project in Jammu goes full throttle (ET –
• L-G Sinha inaugurates 1.18km Peerkho-Mahamaya section of Jammu ropeway (Hindustan Times)
• Need of more proactive relief packages to uplift Rs 200-500 crore loss incurred by tourism industry
• Good news for travellers in Jammu! Section I Ropeway from Peerkho to Mahamaya inaugurated
• LG Sinha launches Jammu ropeway (Outlook)
• J & K Lt. Governor inaugurated section I ropeway from Peerkho to Mahamaya (Travel Trends Today)
• Governor Manoj Sinha Inaugurates section I ropeway from Peerkho to Mahamaya (Travel Trends
• Jammu: Aaj se Peerkhoo se Mahamaya mandir tak cable car se karesafar, Uprajyapalkarengepariyojna ka udhghatan (Dainik Jagran)
• Lt. Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurates section I ropeway from Peerkho to Mahamaya (Kashmir News Service)