Popular as the abode of Sharda Devi, Maihar is an important Shakti Peeth. According to mythology, it is believed that the necklace of goddess Parvati had fallen at this very spot.
Maa Sharda Temple is a very famous tourist spot as there is a huge footfall of devotees, locals and foreigners who visit it quite frequently to offer their prayers specially during navratri.
The cable car, transports pilgrims to the top of the hill, transcending the 1200 steep step climb.
TIMINGS, BOOKING, PRICE:
Prices of a round trip journey (inclusive of taxes) are as follows
- Differently abled person : Nil
- Children upto 3 years : Nil
- Children between 3 to 10 years (Both ways) : Rs 100
- Children between 3 to 10 years (Mata Mandir to Lower Ropeway Station) : Rs 85
- People above 10 years (Both ways) : Rs 150
- People above 10 years (Mata Mandir to Lower Ropeway Station) : Rs 100
- Monthly Pass (Adult both Ways) (30 Days) : Rs 1500
- Monthly Pass (Child both Ways) (30 Days) : Rs 850
* Monthly pass need to be collected and applied for in person only at the ticket counter. You will need to submit 2 stamp size photos and a govt issued ID proof. The pass will be valid on all working days of the state government and is applicable for one 2-way ride per day for a period of 30 calendar days. Each month the process will need to be repeated for a new pass. The pass is non refundable / non transferable. Unused days / rides will not be carried forward.
* The Cabin has a capacity of 4 persons.
* Ropeway Service is available from 6.30 AM TO 7.30 PM. Depending on sunlight and weather conditions and sandhya aarti at the temple the timings may be slightly adjusted on a day-to-day basis.
* Introductory offer: No Convenience fee for e-ticketing / Tele-ticketing at Maihar.