The Aerial Ropeway situated at Hanuman Dhara, Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh is the best mode to visit Hanuman Dhara. The Hanuman Dhara is a much revered place at hilltop having great mythological significance. Hanuman Ji dosed the fire in his tail which was lit by Ravana at this Dhara It finds mention in the holy text of Ramayana. It is believed that the water of the spring at Hanuman Dhara was created by Lord Ram for Hanuman Ji when he returned after setting Lanka on fire. The water of the spring which is known to have healing properties is in great demand and devotees carry them in large numbers. The source of the perpetual stream also adds to the mystique of this famous holy place.
The Ropeway offers much relief to the pilgrims, by saving a strenuous, steep climb of 618 steps, taking a nominal 5 minutes to reach the top of the hill. The terminal at the hilltop was only possible with DRIL’S expertise & experience in the ropeway field due to paucity of land at the hilltop.
TIMINGS, BOOKING, PRICE:
Prices of a round trip journey (inclusive of taxes) are as follows
- Differently abled person : Nil
- Children upto 3 years : Nil
- Children between 3 to 5 years (Both ways) : Rs 107
- Children between 3 to 5 years (Mandir to Lower Ropeway Station) : Rs 85
- People above 5 years (Both ways) : Rs 145
- People above 5 years (Mandir to Lower Ropeway Station) : Rs 115
- Monthly Pass (30 Days) : Rs 1450
* Monthly passes need to be collected and applied for in person only at the ticket counter. You will need to submit 2 stamp size photos and a govt issued ID proof. The pass will be valid on all working days of the state government and is applicable for one 2-way ride per day for a period of 30 calendar days. Each month the process will need to be repeated for a new pass. The pass is non refundable / non transferable. Unused days / rides will not be carried forward.
* The Cabin has a capacity of 6 persons.
* Ropeway Service is available from 6.00 AM TO 9.00 PM. Depending on sunlight and weather conditions the timings may be slightly adjusted on a day to day basis.
• Hanuman Dhara temple ropeway launched
• Chitrakoot-Dharmanagri Chitrakoot got gift of another ropeway today
• Chitrakoot: Hanuman Dhara temple ropeway inaugurated, facility will be available after Deepawali
• Inauguration of ropeway for Hanuman Dhara temple darshan in Chitrakoot
• Chitrakoot seeing the beauty of chitrakoot from the ropeway comes out of the mouth
• चित्रकूट में हनुमानधारा रोप-वे शुरू, आसानी से करें दर्शन (Jagran)
• कोरोना की दूसरी लहर थमने पर शुरू हुआ हनुमानधारा रोप वे (Jagran)
• हनुमान धारा रोप वे शुरू, खूब पहुंच रहे श्रद्धालु (Hindustan)
• चित्रकूट-धर्मनगरी चित्रकूट को आज एक और रोपवे की सौगात मिल गयी (Pride India News)
• Shradhaluon ke liye hanuman dhara mein lagega ropeway, ghanto samey lagne wali pahadi mein Karen minuton mein darshan (Patrika)
• हनुमान धारा रोपेवे से पूरी सजगता के साथ श्रद्धालु कर रहे हैं दर्शन (Bharat Vimarsh)
• Hanuman Dhara ropeway se puri sajagta ke sath shradhalo kar rhe darshan (Circle)