A capital town and the most popular holiday destination of Sikkim, Gangtok is frequented by travellers all over the globe due to its scenic charm and beauty. Apart from being a Tibetan Buddhist center, Gangtok is considered to be the base for hikers and trekkers for going through Sikkim’s Himalayan mountain ranges.
The starting point of the ropeway is Deorali Bazar which is situated in the heart of the city and easily accessible by most. Built in the year 2003, it connects to the Tashiling Secretariat via Sikkim Legislative Assembly.
The visitors can have a panoramic view of the full Gangtok city while taking a ride in this ropeway. The ropeway also serves to de-congest the city, as people can traverse two parts of the city using the ropeway alone.
TIMINGS, BOOKING, PRICE:
- One has to spend Rs. 117 per person for a Two- way journey.
- For children, the cost will be of Rs. 77 for a Two- way journey trip.
- The ropeway will take approx 6 persons in one ride.
- This service available 9.00 AM TO 5 PM
• Deorali Bazar ropeway turns into a workcation hub in Gangtok, Sikkim (BW Hotelier)
• सिक्किम पर्यटन को नई उड़ान देता रोपवे, पर्यटकों को खूब लुभा रहा (Rajasthan Patrika)
• मकर संक्रान्ति पर यात्रियों ने देवराली बाजार रोपवे से निहारी गंगटोक की सुंदरता (Yatra Patrika)
• Deorali Bazar ropeway witnesses approx 425 travellers as Makar Sankranti draws closer (CXO Outlook)
• Deorali Bazar ropeway witnesses approx 425 travellers as Makar Sankranti draws closer (APN News)
• देओरलि बाजार रोपवे सैलानियों के लिए बना आकर्षण का केंद्र (Time8)