A capital town and the most popular holiday destination of Sikkim, Gangtok is frequented by travellers all over the globe due to its scenic charm and beauty. Apart from being a Tibetan Buddhist center, Gangtok is considered to be the base for hikers and trekkers for going through Sikkim’s Himalayan mountain ranges.
The starting point of the ropeway is Deorali Bazar which is situated in the heart of the city and easily accessible by most. Built in the year 2003, it connects to the Tashiling Secretariat via Sikkim Legislative Assembly.
The visitors can have a panoramic view of the full Gangtok city while taking a ride in this ropeway. The ropeway also serves to de-congest the city, as people can traverse two parts of the city using the ropeway alone.
TIMINGS, BOOKING, PRICE:
Prices of a round trip journey (inclusive of taxes) are as follows
Differently abled person :Nil
Children upto 3 years :Nil
Children between 3 to 5 years :Rs77
People above 5 years :Rs146
Videography Equipment :Rs146
Monthly Pass :Rs1078
- Monthly pass need to be collected and applied for in person only at the ticket counter. You will need to submit 2 stamp size photos and a govt issued ID proof. The pass will be valid on all working days of the state government and is applicable for one 2-way ride per day for a period of 30 calendar days. Each month the process will need to be repeated for a new pass. The pass is non refundable / non transferable. Unused days / rides will not be carried forward.
- The CABIN has a capacity of 24 persons + ropeway cabin attendant.
- Ropeway Service is available from 9.30 AM TO 6.00 PM. Depending on sunlight and weather conditions the timings may be slightly adjusted on a day to day basis.
- Convenience Fees of Rs 10 is Chargeable in case of Tele-ticketing 1800.891.3898 and Online ticketing https://ropeways.com/book-online-tickets/ per ticket.
• Deorali Bazar ropeway turns into a workcation hub in Gangtok, Sikkim (BW Hotelier)
• सिक्किम पर्यटन को नई उड़ान देता रोपवे, पर्यटकों को खूब लुभा रहा (Rajasthan Patrika)
• मकर संक्रान्ति पर यात्रियों ने देवराली बाजार रोपवे से निहारी गंगटोक की सुंदरता (Yatra Patrika)
• Deorali Bazar ropeway witnesses approx 425 travellers as Makar Sankranti draws closer (CXO Outlook)
• Deorali Bazar ropeway witnesses approx 425 travellers as Makar Sankranti draws closer (APN News)
• देओरलि बाजार रोपवे सैलानियों के लिए बना आकर्षण का केंद्र (Time8)